[lug] Syslog woes

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Dec 12 20:58:45 MST 2006

mail.err is what my sarge install is using, but I also don't see anything
in the /var/log/mail.err log file which is where it is supposed to be
heading.

you could try sending mail.* to /var/log/mail.foo and then change your
mail.error to mail.* to see if that takes care of it.  If so, I'd suspect
a different level than error was being logged to /var/log/syslog.

Hugh