[lug] Thunderbird Message Editing

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Wed Dec 13 12:21:23 MST 2006

I just set up Thunderbird on my FC5 machine and I'm having trouble with
the cursor leaving little "splats" all over the text when I use the back
or forward cursor navigation keys. This junk isn't really in the message
because it goes away when I do anything to cause the text line to be
repainted, but if I'm editing text and moving the cursor around it's
hard to see what I'm doing after a while. It seems to be worse with the
default font size, but if I use the next larger font size, it's too big.
It looks like the blinking vertical bar cursor isn't painting out its
tracks completely as is moved down a line of text. Also when the cursor
is stationary the blinking isn't a flashing solid vertical line; it
appears irregularly "dashed".

Does anyone know how to fix this problem, or do you need more
information? I don't have this problem with any other WYSIWYG editor or
word processor on this machine.

TIA,
- Bill Thoen