[lug] rsync permissions problem

Paul Nowosielski paul at celebrityaccess.com
Thu Dec 14 16:26:57 MST 2006

Dear All,

I have a rsync permissions problem that I can't figure out.
I have a dev server and a WWW server. I use a simple rsync script to push the
files from dev to www.

On the WWW server /var/www is permissioned 775 wwwrun.www .
The user who pushes the files is named "back". "back" is in the www  group.

When I call the script from dev I get all these permission denied errors and
Im not sure why because its group WWW writable.
The only way I can get this to work is by chmod 777 /var/www then reverting.

Any idea??

--
Paul Nowosielski
Webmaster CelebrityAccess.Com