[lug] blug mail as spam <ot>

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 08:33:45 MST 2006

On 12/15/06, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/14/06, Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com> wrote:

> > The problem comes in when people get spam from a mailing list and mark it
> > as spam, which may influence the list server as the spam source rather than
> > the actual spammer.
> >

> It only happens rarely, and as soon as I mark a few as non-spam, the
> behavior disappears again for a long time.

Interestingly enough, we did have a spate of actual spam masquerading
as coming form the clue-tech list a few weeks ago. When I flagged
these as spam, gmail did not flag normal clue-tech mails as spam. So,
the gmail filters are considerably more complex and capable than one
might think, and I still don't understand the occasional false
positives for the blug lists.

--
Collins Richey