[lug] hacking society tonight (2006-12-21)

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Fri Dec 22 19:10:26 MST 2006

David L. Anselmi wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> [...]
>
>> However, everyone is welcome to have a on-line hackingsociety from the
>> comfort of their own homes. Come join us on the #hackingsociety channel
>> on the irc.hackingsociety.org IRC server.
>

> What's everyone's favorite IRC client?
>
> This might be the first good excuse for getting on IRC I've had.  The
> one other time I tried it I googled for a client and came up with
> something that I didn't like.  But I didn't have a good excuse for
> being there so I didn't make any effort to learn it, so I don't know
> whether I had a bad client or I'm just too old to pick up all these
> new-fangled tools. ;-)

I used to use BitchX, which is a fairly nice command line client if
you're into details. Nowadays I use the mozilla client, "chatzilla". It
comes integrated with mozilla suite (firefox and thunderbird are just
components, so you don't get chatzilla that way...if you have actual
mozilla suite installed, chatzilla is a button label cZ in the lower
left corner). One of these days I'll have to find out if they package
chatzilla separately somewhere.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net