[lug] Mutt 1.4.2.2i and Vim 7.0 Not Getting Along

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Mon Jan 1 12:47:32 MST 2007

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 12:19:54PM -0600, Hugh Brown wrote:
> Do you get the same problem with syntax highlighting in a regular vim file?
>
> I believe the normal behavior for parens completion is to highlight the
> matching parenthesis via a color code.  Do you have an elaborate .vimrc
> or .exrc?

No, when I edit other files with vim I have no problem, and that clue
made me look again at my muttrc settings. I found this line:

set editor="vim -u ~/.mutt/vimrc -c ':0;/^Reply-To: '"

so I switched it to point to my standard .vimrc, and the problem went
away! I didn't think that the vimrc file in my .mutt directory was all
that different or elaborate, but I guess there's something in there that
the new mutt doesn't like.

Looking through that file, I still don't see the problem, but at least
now I know where to look and my email problem is fixed. I'll see if I
can firgure this out from here, and thanks for the clue!