[lug] more dovecot

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Mon Jan 1 20:02:05 MST 2007

Hopefully this will be my last dovecot question for a while...I have
dovecot up and running using the standard /var/mail/ directory, but have
one problem remaining.

Using mozilla or thunderbird, with it set to actually delete files, the
server itself fails to delete files even if the user deletes it from
their client. The only way to delete the email on the server is if they
log in and run a local app like mutt, and delete from that. I don't see
any log messages which suggest permission problems or obvious snafu's.
The only parameter that looks like it might matter is
mail_full_filesystem_access, which is currently set to no (on the other
hand the dovecot web site seems to indicate this may not be relevant).

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net