[lug] : Upgradus Abortus FC3 to FC5

gordongoldin at netscape.net gordongoldin at netscape.net
Thu Jan 4 10:11:47 MST 2007

 I've been upgrading machines directly from FC3 to FC5. Works fine with a couple little sticky points.   This latest server urped. I started the upgrade, it stopped at coreutils, saying it had a read error.   I just restarted, it seemed to do everything normal. BUT:   1) When I boot, it only shows FC3 as a choice, then immediately says: "missing file" and goes back to the "Choose an operating system"   2) When I try to do the upgrade again, it only gives the choice to upgrade FC5, it takes a few seconds and says "upgrade completed, reboot".