[lug] ALSA / DSP question

Paul Nowosielski paul at celebrityaccess.com
Fri Jan 5 16:19:47 MST 2007

On Friday 05 January 2007 16:08, John Hernandez wrote:
> I'm trying to add some compression to the output of the Softsqueeze
> audio player, which I believe to be an ALSA-aware application.  What's
> the easiest way to go about doing this on Ubuntu 6.06?
>
> I've started down the path of jackd and jack-rack, but I don't feel I'm
> that close to succeeding.
>
> -John

Hi John,

If your just wanting to add software compression I would suggest using an
audio player that has one built in. I know xmms has a plugin that works well.

If you need to use softsqueeze I would suggest routing it through via jackd
to Jamin. Jamin is actually an audio mastering tool but has nice compression
options.

Thank you,
--
Paul Nowosielski