[lug] sendmail question

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Fri Jan 5 18:01:22 MST 2007

Dan Ferris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know a quick and easy way to rewrite an email address like
> so with sendmail:
>
> user at server.domain.com ----->  user at localhost
>
> I'm trying to redirect mail from some remote servers to an account on
> the local email exchanger and it would be much easier to rewrite the
> address with sendmail than to change 50 boxes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan Ferris

I don't think you need to.  If user exists on localhost, and sendmail
knows that it is to receive mail for all the server.domain.com hosts and
localhost is listed as the MX for all of the server.domain.com's, then I
would think that it would deliver to user at localhost.

If it's not that simple, I've made to many assumptions based on lack of
more info.

Otherwise, I'd look at virtusertable or aliases.

Hugh