[lug] ssh login error

Steve Webb steve at badcheese.com
Wed Jan 10 10:33:59 MST 2007

I don't have much experience with the devpts file system mounted at
/dev/pts, but I see that more devices are made when I open more terminals
or screen sessions on my machines.

In my /etc/fstab file, I have the mount params as:

devpts       /dev/pts        devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
(yours said "none" as the first option in your first email)

Also, check to see that your kernel supports the devpts stuff:
"grep pts /proc/filesystems"

Also, make sure that sshd (if you built it yourself) also supports the
devpts stuff.

On my FC6 machine, there's an /etc/sysconfig/console dir, but it's empty
on my machine.  Perhaps you can set some startup or config parameters in
there.

That's about all that I can come up with.  Hope it helps.

- Steve

EMAIL: (h) steve at badcheese.com  WEB: http://badcheese.com/~steve