[lug] looking for address block reference...

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Wed Jan 10 18:15:21 MST 2007

I'm dealing with thousands of brute force ssh attacks from IP addresses
all over China. I'm just tired of it, is there a list of all Chinese
addresses somewhere so I can firewall? I have maybe a dozen /16 bans but
it always comes up that there's another the instant I close one. I've
been able to find name servers but finding an explicit list of address
blocks is a pain (just try searching for China and address block on
google). I've gone to some of the root organizations, like icann, where
I've found domain name server lists, and not domain blocks. I really
wish I could just do "whois cn" and get more than a name server list.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net