[lug] external dvd/cdrw drives for linux

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Thu Jan 11 16:42:15 MST 2007

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 05:30:21PM -0500, karl horlen wrote:

> Anybody using an external cdrw or dvd-rw or better yet combined cdrw/dvd-rw for linux that they could recommend?
>
> If so what interface. i imagine it's usb but who knows?

I was about to recommend a ByteCC USB enclosure combined with a NEC DVD burner
that I got on Newegg (both for $40!) but of course they are both discontinued
6 months later.  So goes computer gear.  So I'm interested in the same
question because I need another one.  Anybody bought a USB burner in the last,
say, 5 days, before they go out of stock?