[lug] Aptitude

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Thu Jan 11 18:17:34 MST 2007

Continuing my aptitude upgrade.

3) Purge all the configuration files for packages that are no longer
installed.

$ aptitude purge '~c'

4) When doing the initial conversion I had the "automatically include
recommends packages" option turned off.  Now I would like to manually look at
all the recommends packages that I missed and pick only the ones I want.  Any
way to do this?  I've been looking at the aptitude reference manual and the
closest I can get is a limit on '~i~Brecommends' but that shows the list of
the packages which don't have all their recommends satisfied, but not the
recommended packages themselves.  Any way to do this?