[lug] Escaping TurboTax to Open Source?

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Fri Jan 12 12:55:46 MST 2007

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 12:17:07PM -0700, Ken MacFerrin wrote:

> Completely OT, but I started using a genuine CPA (not H&R Block) about 8
> years ago and have never looked back..  The difference in the amount of
> the return a CPA can get you vs a TurboTax easily pays for itself.

That was my experience as well.

Something like TurboTax is way to let you pretend you're an accountant, sort of
like some people who take a course in programming and use VisualBasic wizards
think they're a programmer.  Especially if there are any business taxes
involved, you're not an accountant (unless you really are).