[lug] setting subversion permissions with apache/mod_dav

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Sun Jan 14 18:49:04 MST 2007

> Has anyone here ever set up an svn repository under apache mod_dav, to
> require a password? How did you get the svn client to prompt for user
> name and password? I even deleted all the temp files from
> ~/.subversion/auth/svn.ssl.server, and all working copies, so there is
> no chance of it having memorized a name and pass (and in fact the user
> name I'm using on the remote machine is different than the name on the
> server). If I can block access to anyone not having a proper login
> name/pass, it'll be ready for use (at the moment IP tables blocks all IP
> addresses except for mine).
>
> D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net

I did set this up and it worked, though I don't have access to that
system any more to see what I did.

I remember that svn cached credentials (and that there was a way to say
"do this as a different user").  Are you using the
https://server/svnpath as the argument for the svn command line invocation?

I'll go dig around to see what I can dredge up.

Hugh