[lug] setting subversion permissions with apache/mod_dav

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Sun Jan 14 21:37:57 MST 2007

D. Stimits wrote:

>> Tired of me yet?  The solution seems to be, add "Deny from all" below
>> your "Order deny, allow"
>>
> Heh, no, actually the opposite...happy to see the interest! I was
> worried that svn setup was too specific for enough users on BLUG to need
> to do linux admin stuff with it.
>
>> Alternatively, you can remove the "Order deny,allow"
>
> Just checking my email before I sleep, trying to avoid a migraine that's
> been chasing me all weekend (the Immitrex costs about $140 so I use it
> sparingly)...I tire out before they do. I'll probably know mid-week the
> results of all the above. FYI, my command line client was using svn co
> https://thepath, but I deleted cached credential files with no effect.

I actually have to set up an svn environment in the near future, so I
figured I'd play with it.  I set up the same environment you had on a
Debian box and was able to reproduce your problem, so I think you'll be
in luck.  The mod_authz stuff was quite useful for creating read-only
areas for authenticated users and rw for other authenticated users
(though the permission syntax and precedence were a little funky and
required some testing to get right).

Hugh