[lug] You're not a geek until you ...

Steve Webb steve at badcheese.com
Tue Jan 16 19:10:38 MST 2007

I saw a post on digg.com today about a guy who allowed people to submit
web form input to an LCD screen, then he'd take a webcam pic of it and
post it on the same page (digital -> analog -> digital).  I wondered how
long it would take me to put it all together.  I had all of the parts, so
it took me about 45 minutes of misc effort to throw together.  Check it
out:

http://badcheese.com/lcd/

Web form -> mysql -> poll, then dump to beta-brite LCD screen -> webcam ->
scp pic to host -> update mysql -> page refreshes

I don't check for flooding and the string can only be about 10 characters,
but I was impressed that I could actually pull it off with a very minimum
amount of effort.

- Steve

--
EMAIL: (h) steve at badcheese.com  WEB: http://badcheese.com/~steve