[lug] remote x display

Phil Rasch pjr at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 16 20:14:32 MST 2007

In my opinion NX is by far the best way to go. It is much, much faster
than any of the other options I saw offered (and I have tried most of
them) and you can even do things like drive soundcards, share
printers, file systems, etc between the local and remote machines.

Nothing matches it.

If you go this path, one thing to mention that I have needed to do (might be
fixed now), is to set the optimization level to be appropriate for a LAN,
not DSL or other speeds during configuration. For some combinations of X
server and client I would get funny colors to the fonts if this setting wasnt
chosen, and the solution is only mentioned in obscure places.

Phil