[lug] remote x display

Aaron.Facey at seagate.com Aaron.Facey at seagate.com
Wed Jan 17 10:02:06 MST 2007

Thanks. I have it installed and testing it now. Impressed so far.

Aaron

             Phil Rasch
             <pjr at ucar.edu>
             lug-bounces at lug.b         "Boulder (Colorado) Linux Users
             oulder.co.us              Group -- General Mailing List"
             No Phone Info             <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>
             Available                                                  cc

                                                                   Subject
             01/16/2007 08:14          Re: [lug] remote x display
             PM

             Please respond to
               pjr at ucar.edu;
             Please respond to
                 "Boulder
             (Colorado) Linux
              Users Group --
              General Mailing
                   List"
             <lug at lug.boulder.
                  co.us>

In my opinion NX is by far the best way to go. It is much, much faster
than any of the other options I saw offered (and I have tried most of
them) and you can even do things like drive soundcards, share
printers, file systems, etc between the local and remote machines.

Nothing matches it.

If you go this path, one thing to mention that I have needed to do (might
be
fixed now), is to set the optimization level to be appropriate for a LAN,
not DSL or other speeds during configuration. For some combinations of X
server and client I would get funny colors to the fonts if this setting
wasnt
chosen, and the solution is only mentioned in obscure places.

Phil

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 01:52:52PM -0700, Chris Riddoch wrote:
> On 1/16/07, Aaron.Facey at seagate.com <Aaron.Facey at seagate.com> wrote:
> >Was wondering what people are using to display a Linux desktop on XP?
Using