[lug] Spam solutions

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 21:59:18 MST 2007

On 1/20/07, Daniel Webb <lists at danielwebb.us> wrote:
> Has your spam been on the increase in the last several month like mine has?
> When I was testing for a few days with all blocking turned off, I got more
> than 100 spams per day.

In a word, yes. End of November spammers took a break - only 10-15 per
day, then the gates of hell opened. Fortunately, I use gmail, and it
only takes 2 clicks to whack them all. I've only ever seen 1-2 false
hits every three months, and all of those are for this list!!!
Something about Boulder and lug in conjunction with the usual spamming
words triggers a hit <grin>.

I wouldn't run my own mailer for all the tea in China.

--
Collins Richey