[lug] Debian woes

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Mon Jan 22 13:16:07 MST 2007

Still having problem with apt-get.  I know no one else seems to be having this
problem, but wonder if anyone has any ideas what might be going on?  I'm
getting that same problem where "apt-get update" hangs:

$ apt-get update
<snip>
99% [Connecting to mirrors.tummy.com (66.35.36.129)]

Web connections seem to be fine, other mirrors work fine, but it hangs on the
Tummy mirrors.  It's not just a Tummy thing, though, this is the same thing
I've been experiencing for years on 3 versions of Debian and many different
mirrors on several different net providers in 3 states with several completely
different computers and network gear.  The only thing that is common is
Debian.  These hangs happen every month at least (often more) since I've been
using Debian.  I can ping 66.35.36.129 fine.  It's extremely irritating
because every time it happens an "easy" Debian package upgrade ends up taking
15 minutes.