[lug] Debian woes

David Morris lists at morris-clan.net
Mon Jan 22 16:11:17 MST 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 03:51:26PM -0700, Daniel Webb wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 02:14:50PM -0700, David Morris wrote:
> > You can also install old versions of a package from
> > those mirrors (such as you had to do with firefox) with
> > "apt-get install <package>=<version>"
>
> I didn't realize that.  What if you don't know what the
> previous version was though?  I suppose you can go
> browsing through the mirror tree, but the snapshot archive
> way seems more elegant, especially since it will work
> nicely with aptitude.

<shrug> Its never been much of an issue for me. Most of the
time I already know exactly what version I want.  The
remainder (once) I just dropped by the FTP server to find
out what was available and chose the best for my needs.
I doubt they store all old versions, but it has certainly
been enough for my needs.

--David