[lug] How to purchase a dual (linux/windows) boot machine

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Mon Jan 22 21:17:40 MST 2007

> How can I prevent this from happening again?

Spend the $500-$1000 you would have spent on a lawyer to hire someone
competent.  They will not be cheap.  Either that, or research everything
yourself.  In my experience, Linux on cutting-edge hardware is a pain in the
butt, and you need to research every single component you plan on using.

When I read that you're thinking of writing a contract for a computer build, I
chuckled.  Surely you know the kind of margins those guys are working with.
I'll be surprised if anyone will even talk to you after you pull out a
contract.  Also, consider what you make compared to the $10/hour guys who are
putting together your PC if you go to most computer shops.

I don't know who to recommend, but I would imagine that people on this list
who would be able to competently do what you're asking would want somewhere in
the range of $50-$90/hour for their time.