[lug] Debian woes

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Jan 23 15:35:26 MST 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 01:16:07PM -0700, Daniel Webb wrote:
>$ apt-get update
><snip>
>99% [Connecting to mirrors.tummy.com (66.35.36.129)]

Yesterday around the time you sent this, mirrors.tummy.com was unavailable
so I could run fsck on the mirrors partition.  It was down for around an
hour.  Sadly, the problem was not with our file-system, but the server
file-system.  rsync isn't very good about telling you where the IO error is
coming from.  I've reported this to the upstream mirror maintainer and
they're looking at it.  This should only impact the CentOS mirrors.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 C-Kermit.  C-Kermit Run.  Run Kermit Run.  -- Sean Reifschneider, 2003
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/