[lug] Debian woes

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Tue Jan 23 17:26:27 MST 2007

Well, I guess that explains it.  I think I'm just lucky and hit a lot of those
"rare downtime" events over the years, not just with your mirror, but with any
mirror I use (I had update failures with the official mirrors at least as
often as I have had with yours).  That's not the mirror maintainers' fault;
apt shouldn't rely on the assumption that a mirror has 99.999% uptime, but it
does.

And apt still gives that "Dynamic MMAP" error that it's had for years (Google
for it and see how many people have gotten that over the last 5 years).  I'm
not sure why, but the apt maintainers seem to care more about new features
than robustness, judging from the way those bug reports are treated.