[lug] mouse going crazy in linux

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 21:09:02 MST 2007

> yup, it's a pretty common thing to have happen when
> dealing with old
> (and even some newer) kvm switches. At my last job I
> discovered I could
> regain mouse control by unplugging the mouse from
> the kvm and plugging
> it back in again. Worked every time. I've seen some
> kvm switches with a
> little button that allows you to do this via the
> button, although I've
> not used one to be able to tell if it works.

It does seem to be related to triggering the KVM.

But.  This same KVM *did* work with the same mouse and
kb on the same box before.  The only thing different
now is I upgraded the kernel from 2.4 to 2.6 doing a
fresh install.

I do have a new monitor as well.

FYI, I just tried unplugging the mouse and plugging it
back in and that didn't seem to do anything to fix it.

thanks for the input