[lug] OT: Scanning and OCRing

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Feb 14 21:15:46 MST 2007

Along these same lines, anyone have any recommendations for sheet-feed
scanners that work well with Linux (actually it'd be nice if they
worked with all the various "popular" OS's), that don't cost an arm
and a leg?

I don't need a gigantic commercial unit or huge paper tray, but
dropping 20-30 page documents in our network-connected copy machine at
work which directly renders the scan into either TIFF or PDF has
completely spoiled me... I'd love to have similar document scanning
capabilities at home... the filing cabinet would get a lot smaller...

Nate