[lug] Xen and 2.6.20? Has anyone tried it out?

siegfried siegfried at heintze.com
Wed Feb 14 23:00:20 MST 2007

Has anyone tried out the new kernel (2.6.20)? I'm reading
http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3658001 and I don't
understand it.

The article says: "Putting Xen into Linux doesn't make sense".

Is this new Xen hypervisor support for Windows (and other OSes) part of the
2.6.20 kernel or not?

If I can run the 2.6.20 kernel, is buying vmware to run windows on top of
linux superfluous?

What models of CPUs do I need to take advantage of this? I'm was hoping to
find this at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.20
but searching for "xen" became tedious after a while. Where is the list of
CPUS that support this?

Thanks,
Siegfried