[lug] Where is the GUI version of SMBClient?

siegfried siegfried at heintze.com
Fri Feb 16 10:53:36 MST 2007

I took Collins Richey's advice and tried out xubuntu by clobbering debian. I
regret, however, I did not write down a great program that debian had as
part of the default installation. It was a GUI version of smbclient and it
enumerated all my samba servers on the network and you could click on a
server and enumerate the samba shares (and then, of course, click on a share
and enumerate the directory structure beneath that). It was in a menu called
"show servers" or "show network" or something like that.

Can I use apt-get to install this in xubuntu? Does anyone know the name of
the program?

Thanks,

Siegfried