[lug] Printing on ubuntu 6.06.1

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sat Feb 17 13:50:59 MST 2007

>(3) Linux always shows the job in the print queue after I hit the "print
>test page" button or the print button on openoffice.org writer.
>(4) The HP G85 printer never prints when I'm booted in linux.

What happens if, on the command line as root, you run "lpr
<some_test_text_file.txt>"? Or as non-root? And is there output to
/var/log/messages (via tail -f while doing this) while running the lpr
command? I'm thinking a semi-direct command line tool might show more
information about errors.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net