[lug] Favorite IDEs for linux?

Lori Reed lorireed at lightning-rose.com
Sat Feb 17 15:36:45 MST 2007

siegfried wrote:

> Hmmm…
>
> What is your favorite Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for Linux?

emacs & make. :)

> I noticed that FC6 had an interesting IDE called KDevelop. Does that
> have a gnome counterpart or do I have to install KDE to get that?

One of the reasons I switched from gnome to kde was to try kdevelop. At
that time there was no gnome based IDE, I don't know if that's changed.
With FCx I know it's possible to install gnome tools to run under kde so
I assume the converse is also true, but I don't know how.

kubuntu is the kde based ubuntu distro.

FCx has long enabled the installation of any combination of xfce, kde,
and gnome, allowing the user to select which one at login. Ubuntu's
philosophy is keep it simple: one distro, one desktop.

Regards,
Lori