[lug] Favorite IDEs for linux?

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Sun Feb 18 07:07:42 MST 2007

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 03:05:33PM -0700, siegfried wrote:

> What is your favorite Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for Linux?

For C, Vim + cscope with a Vim macro for "make" that does my compile.  For
other languanges, I can't really comment because I've only done serious work
in C.  I guess one way you could look at it is, "are you spending most of your
time editing or most of your time compiling/building?"  If the answer is
"editing", learn a good editor (Vim/Emacs).