[lug] Multiple positions at StillSecure!

Brad Doctor bdoctor at ps-ax.com
Tue Feb 20 13:45:07 MST 2007

Greetings everyone,

I have a number of positions available at StillSecure.  I am not a recruiter, but the
one who some or all of these will be working with and for.  If you are interested,
please contact my work address: brad  stillsecure.com and careers  stillsecure.com.

StillSecure is a great place to work.  We are located in Superior, CO at Hwy36 and
McCaslin.  There is an RTD stop within sight and walking distance.  The building also
has a liquor store downstairs and an Old Chicago's downstairs.  There is an ice hockey rink
just across the parking lot!

'Formal' position listings are below, I think we have these on our website as well.

Please mention BLUG to ensure that we give you priority consideration!!

*Linux Admin* - Likely mid to senior, but will consider you if you have some of the following:
1 - Python scripting skills, or PERL and a willingness and aptitude to learn Python
2 - Passion for Linux, making it do interesting things and do them well
4 - Solid TCP/IP knowledge
5 - Solid IPtables knowledge
6 - A great, team-oriented attitude

*SE/Engineer* - Interfacing with some of our largest clients, working with the SAT team,
working with Engineering.  This is a multi-role position that is customer-facing.  The above
would be great, in addition to some good IPV4 networking skills, and general large-network
kind of experience.

*Python coder / intern* - This will be an internal position working with our award-winning
NAC product.  We are taking it in some very interesting directions.  This will be helping
us code some additional core functionality and should be very, very interesting.  This could
be a full time position or part time for those of you attending classes and looking for
a gig that will take  you into next fall and beyond if you like.  The key thing here will be
a willingness to learn, work with a team, ensure that your work is of the highest quality,
and be dependable.  We are looking for multiple people here.  I don't have a formal listing
for the Python coder position.  Basically, if you are a CS student with a decent GPA, send
your resume!  You will find our hourly rate to be very competitive...

Actual position listing for the Linux Admin:
-------------------------------
Basic Requirements are:

6+ years of full time Linux and network management using a variety of cutting edge
technologies
Expert knowledge of:
o   TCP/IP
o   Administrating Red Hat-like systems
o   Scripting language such as Python or Perl
o   Cisco switches and routers from the small 24 port variety up to 65xx in HSRP mode
o   Security principles, and tools such as Snort, tcpdump, Nessus, Nmap, etc.

Desired Skills include:

Knowledge of Windows networking, Windows AD, Samba and LDAP
Solid programming skills in a language such as C or C++
Linux kernel knowledge (coding, patching, etc.)
Knowledge of WAN routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, etc.
Previous experience working with a software development organization / company
-------------------------------

Actual position listing for the SE/Engineer:
-------------------------------
Customer Support Engineer Skillsets:
As an overview, all of our products employ some or all of the following technologies:
- Low and high-level IP networking
- Rich, capable browser-based UI (Firefox and IE)
- An SQL database (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle)
- Our own distribution of the Linux OS and scripting

Specific experience:
Must be motivated by and have a high interest in learning and increasing skills in
network security. Previous security experience or training a plus.
3 or more years of experience supporting customers in a product support role
2 -year college degree (or above) in computer-related field -or- equivalent experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer service attitude
Passion for learning and growing technical skills.
The ability to prioritize workload and adjust accordingly as situations change
In-depth skills in Linux operating system command line, utilities (grep, top, vi, etc.),
TCP and IP networking. [your preference VI or Emacs? And why?]
Linux networking configuration [i.e. routing] and IP setup and problem diagnose via phone
and email
Strong organization, methodical problem analysis, and problem solving skills necessary
Must be able to function independently, research and resolve issues as they arise
After hours support will be required on an as-needed basis.
Frequent travel to customer sites will be required.

Desired Experience:
Hands-on experience with DHCP, SSH, SSL, IP tables, and Samba
Familiarity with postgres and mysql databases a nice plus
Experience with common security tools such as SNORT, NMAP
Proficiency with a scripting language such as Python or PERL
Familiarity with various government security regulations, such as STIG and Common Criteria
Previous or existing US Government security clearance

Requirements:
Candidates must have the legal authorization to work immediately for any employer in the US without any form of Visa.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain a US Government security clearance