[lug] local(ish) webhosts/resellers

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Feb 22 08:28:14 MST 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 09:53:25PM -0700, Luke P wrote:
>accounts; basically what I am used to is the WHM (reseller control panel to
>create cPanels) and cPanel (my customer's control panel) package. My current
>'host' service quality has gone down the drains and I am looking to migrate

I don't know specifically anyone offering that locally, but it's not the
sort of thing I really search out, of course.  I did want to say that we
have a customer of our hosting that purchased their own license for such a
tool and just had us install it on the server we host and manage for them.
You may want to look at that as an option, and then you could de-couple the
hosting from the software selection a bit.  Which would probably open up
your choices more.

In our case, it was one of the competing products, which just required Red
Hat Enterprise for the install.

Sean
--
 Home is where your source is.  -- Sean Reifschneider, 1999
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/