[lug] chkconfig weirdness

Andrew Diederich andrewdied at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 16:14:11 MST 2007

I'm getting some really weird results with chkconfig on a SuSE 10.0
box.  I need to make sqlgrey start after postgresql, since slqgrey
needs to talk to postgresql for its data.  This is my chkconfig line
for sqlgrey:

# chkconfig: 345 75 10

When I turn it on, though, (chkconfig sqlgrey on, or chkconfig -a
sqlgrey) It has a start
priority of 1.

andrew at host:/etc/init.d> ls rc3.d/ | grep sql
K11postgresql
K22sqlgrey
S01sqlgrey
S12postgresql

From what I can see I'm following the examples in the man pages and a
linux journal article I found
(http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/4445).

Does anyone see what I'm doing wrong?  I may just wind up moving the
symlinks by hand, but I like to use the tools if they're available.

--
Best regards,
 Andrew Diederich