[lug] tips on upgrading a WRT54G

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Mar 9 11:16:28 MST 2007

I've got one of these at home, it's about 2 years old now I think, that
is giving us some problems (seems to lock up loading pages with lots of
thumbnails from my wife's website).  I want to upgrade it - never done
it before.  Not sure which model I have since I'm at work but I'll check
it when I go home for lunch.  Looking for tips on doing an upgrade
without turning it into a doorstop.

I found the following sites related to this box.  Anyone got any others
they can recommend?  Anyone have a recommended firmware distribution?  I
see OpenWRT and DD-WRT, not to mention the commercial Sveasoft option.
I'm sure there are others.

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3562391
http://wiki.openwrt.org/
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/index.php
http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php
http://www.wrt54g.net/

Thanks.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Senior Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org