[lug] Faking website requirements (Flash / wmp)

Ben bluey at iguanaworks.net
Sun Mar 25 23:00:44 MDT 2007

I keep finding websites that tell me that I don't have the requirements
to view their page. If they complain that I'm not using IE on XP, I use
firefox's user agent switch and all is well. But if the requirement is
for, say, flash 8 (I have adobe's flash 9) or windows media player  (I
use the mplayer plugin), some websites say I don't have the necessary
software and won't let me forward. Is there a way I can trick them into
thinking I have what they want so I can at least give mplayer / flash
for linux a shot at working?

Thanks,

Ben