[lug] Escaping TurboTax to Open Source?

Elyse M. Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Wed Mar 28 17:32:06 MDT 2007

For those who don't want to use an online service and will accept a halfway
solution, I found an article that says this year's TaxAct works with WinE. It
does in fact install cleanly once Wine is working.

I need to find my last year's hardcopy tax papers or remember the password for
the Windows machine I did last year's taxes on before I'll be able to say
more than that.
 http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,129304-c,linux/article.html

Anyone have ideas for getting into a Win 2K Pro machine that hasn't been used
in a year? I've tried every password I can think of. And I think I need Win
2K actually running: a Linux livedisk with an NTFS module will just get at
the TurboTax proprietary format file. I don't think I saved a pdf.
--
Elyse Grasso

http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology
http://www.astraltrading.com   Divination and Science Fiction