[lug] Fiber channel card that works with the stock RHEL 4 Kernel?

Bryan H Shelton Bryan.Shelton at Colorado.EDU
Wed Apr 4 08:56:20 MDT 2007

We are interested in fiber because we purchased an Apple XRaid, which
we've been really happy with, and fiber is the only way to access it
directly.  Honestly given our size we probably wouldn't be looking at
the fiber technology were this not the case.  QLogic, which was
recommended earlier to me, does make a small and medium size business
fiber HBA.  Because Apple pushed the XRaid out with only fiber
access, they sold a relatively inexpensive fiber HBA for their
hardware at the time we purchased the XRaid.  I haven't tried to see
if it will work in linux, it looks like a branded LSI Logic card.

Bryan