[lug] FROSUG April Meeting Announcement (4/24/2007)

William D. Knoche Bill.Knoche at Sun.COM
Mon Apr 9 08:43:11 MDT 2007

This month's FROSUG (Front Range OpenSolaris User Group) meeting is on
Tuesday, April 24, 2007.  Our presentation is on "Open Source Management"
by Dave McLoughlin. In addition, we will be giving an OpenSolaris Update,
and will be having an InstallFest. So, if you want help installing
an OpenSolaris distribution, backup your laptop and bring it to the
meeting!

!! We will be providing FREE Solaris Express Developer Edition DVDs. !!

About the presentation:
In this presentation we will learn about how OpenLogic is tackling the
tough
issues associated with selecting, supporting, managing and using open
source
software in enterprises today.  The presentation will include a product
demonstration of OpenLogic Enterprise, a tool designed to help developers
deal the various issues associated with installing, configuring and
integrating the many components of an open source development environment.
More information is at: http://www.openlogic.com.

The presentation will be posted on http://frosug.org prior to the meeting.

About our presenter:
Dave McLoughlin has over 20 years in the software industry working in
technical
sales, support and product management positions. He has worked for many
market
leading companies including Ashton-Tate, Frame Technology, Netscape and
iPlanet,
the Sun Netscape Alliance. He recently joined OpenLogic in the position of
Solutions Engineer, where he is responsible for all technical sales efforts
worldwide.

-----

Meeting Details:

When:  Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Times: 6:00pm - 6:30pm Doors open and Pizza
       6:30pm - 6:45pm OpenSolaris Update
       6:45pm - 8:30pm Open Source Management
Where: Sun Broomfield Campus
       Building 1 - Conference Center
       500 Eldorado Blvd.
       Broomfield, CO 80021

The meeting is free and open to the public.

Pizza and soft drinks will be served at the beginning of the meeting.
Please RSVP to frosug-rsvp(AT)opensolaris(DOT)org in order to help us
plan for food and setup access to the Sun campus.

We hope to see you there!
Thanks,
FROSUG

-----

Future Meeting Plans:

May 31, 2007: Tim Jacobson and Brad Lewis present "Sun Studio Compiler"

If you have ideas for meeting topics, send them to:
ug-frosug(AT)opensolaris(DOT)org