[lug] New to List

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 18:34:56 MDT 2007

On 4/19/07, Jeff Schroeder <jeff at zingstudios.com> wrote:
> Kevin:
>
> > Looking forward to learning more and may even try another distro
> > later today,
>
> Your timing is perfect.  Ubuntu just released their next major version
> (7.04).  Give it a whirl-- I've found it to be fantabulous.

Ditto here. I've been running it for months, and it really is superb.

Ubuntu does a really good job of staying safely [just] beyond the
bleeding edge, so that you get really current software with realtivey
low risk.

Example, The recently released Debian Etch (and even the ongoing
Testing) is downlevel with respect to the kernel just enough that I
get no sound, whereas sound works fine on U7.04. Stick with Ubuntu. My
preference is Kubuntu or Xubuntu, but there are lots of Gnome fans.

--
Collins Richey