[lug] rsync and vfat file systems

Stephen Queen svqueen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:54:41 MDT 2007

I have a data logger that runs Linux. The people who process the data
all use Windows. I decided to set up a quick way of transfering the
data using a memory stick . There is a script running that watches for
the stick to be plugged in and the data logging program to finish. It
then does an rsync from the data files on the data logger to the
memory stick.

The problem seems to be that rsync always copies all the files to the
stick when it is using a vfat file system. It works like advertised on
an ext3 file system.

Is there a way to get rsync to work with vfat?

Thanks,
Steve Queen