[lug] Re: New Meeting Place

William D. Knoche Bill.Knoche at Sun.COM
Thu May 3 17:27:24 MDT 2007

If it is any help I can see about the conference center on the Sun
campus. I would have some logistics to figure out but it is doable.
Plenty of space, good projector, parking, etc.
I don't know if that is acceptable to folks but thought I would offer. I
do think it has been very useful to be on CU campus and in Boulder.
Folks are already used to going there and with the hacking society
meeting in Boulder it seems reasonable to stay near there.

I do have to agree with Sean that what is really perhaps more important
is to decide what folks want this to be or become. If it is, as has been
in the past,  a forum for presentations then a "program committee" seems
appropriate. If it falls one individual then decisions are much easier
but that puts a lot on one person and is a serious single point of failure.
It is a challenge to find something that works and is interesting enough
to bring folks out. Still, it is worth doing.

I am willing to help...

--bill