Future of BLUG WAS: Re: [lug] Re: New Meeting Place

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat May 5 21:39:49 MDT 2007

On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 09:33:50AM -0600, Nick Golder wrote:
>So is HS more of an informal LUG?  I got a much different feeling from

Hacking Society is, really, what the attendees make it.  Mostly, the
Boulder and Fort Collins meetings are fairly social events, where people
get together with their laptops and work on whatever and chat.

>the "What is it?" on the the HS site - that it would be OS agnostic
>and more project oriented.

I always intended it to be OS agnostic, but mostly it gets announced to the
Linux folks so Linux folks mostly are the attendees.  :-)

>I am working on getting some speakers lined up.  Is there a calendar or
>any way to handle speaker coordination?

There is, of course, the web site at:

   http://lug.boulder.co.us/

I believe Chris was using some sort of system to build the web site.  Let
me know if anything in particular is needed.  Using the google tools sounds
like a good plan to me.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 "I feel so insignificant...  Like people are laughing at me."
 "You--You ARE a clown..."  -- Bob Newhart