[lug] RAID installation on Fedora 6 Zod

Jeff Schroeder jeff at zingstudios.com
Fri May 11 13:48:04 MDT 2007

Kevin said:

> Odd. I have never seen this behavior with linux software raid.

Although "me too" posts are typically silly, I concur with Kevin (and
Sean) here.  I've been using software RAID for many years-- across many
kernel upgrades-- and never once had a problem.  The tools are awesome,
and in the few instances where I had a drive go bad, I was able to drop
in a new drive, reboot, and watch as the machine automatically realized
there was a new drive and started its resynchronization.

Given my experience with Linux software RAID, I've never had a need to
even look into hardware RAID solutions.

$0.02,
Jeff