[lug] fun articles about Linux from a Windows user's standpoint

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed May 23 22:48:43 MDT 2007

This guy did a pretty "fun" job comparing some distros and talking
about the problems that complete Linux newbies invariably run into.

His stories of fighting with a widescreen laptop and the Intel
810/915 type video chipset made me laugh out loud -- been there, done
that.

And his responses to some of the typical fan-boy Linux user
challenges he received via e-mail after article #1 are funny enough
to retain a sense of humor but still cover the important topic of why
people switch over to Linux.  His jabs at the money/marketing of
Apple also ring funny.

[1] http://www.techsupportalert.com/review-linux-for-windows-users.htm
[2] http://www.techsupportalert.com/review-linux-for-windows-users-
part-2.htm
[3] http://www.techsupportalert.com/review-linux-for-windows-users-
part-3.htm

Pretty entertaining for a Linux distro round-up.  Wow did he get some
strange distro recommendations, or what?  Although I'm SURE that's
common for many switchers... hundreds of distros, you're bound to run
across folks with their favorite "pet" distro who will claim it's
better than toasted bread with butter and jam on top.

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com