[lug] Where to Buy: Linksys WRT

David Howland david.howland at gmail.com
Tue May 29 15:43:28 MDT 2007

Openwrt.org hosts different images for each revision of the WRT54, it's
usually just a matter of finding the right version for the one you got in
the store. Most of them are in the format the router will accept as a
firmware update in its web interface. I recently picked one up at CompUSA on
30th in Boulder.

I would recommend checking openwrt.org for documentation on the install and
selecting the correct version. You can print out a list of model numbers to
look for as well.

On 5/29/07, Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk at pcisys.net> wrote:

> Ok, I know that some Linksys wireless routers (wrt54xx) can be reflashed
> linux.  I know that Linksys changed the Linksys recently so that
> reflashing
> isn't useful.  I would like to buy one that can be reflashed.
>
> Where?  In the Denver/Boulder area preferably but I'm willing to go web
> shopping if I really have too.  (Thinkgeek been good to me)  If Linksys
> wants
> a little extra money for the reflashable hardware, I'm ok with paying it.
>
> Thanks!
> Mike

-- David Howland