[lug] Re: ivtv: now what?

Mike Stanczyk stanczyk at pcisys.net
Tue Jun 5 14:19:23 MDT 2007

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Calvin Dodge wrote:

> I'm sorry - I don't know exactly what ivtv command and option to use,
> since I let MythTV handle that.
>
> But if the "v4l2-ctl" command is handy, you might try "v4l2-ctl -i n"
> (where n=1 or higher), and try recording after each invocation of that
> command. (if it's like my PVR-500, "0" is the TV tuner)
>
> Calvin

What he said!  Also: http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#capture

QUOTE:
Now we'll try a little test capture on the tuner input. Typically, just issue
the folling command to make sure your card is capturing via the tuner:
  /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl -i 0

But do note that not all cards have their tuner input at position 0, so take
  look at the output of the following command to see what your other options
might be:
  /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl -n

If you get something that looks and sounds intelligible, then congrats, your
card is good to go! If not, and you're using the tuner input, it may be that
you aren't tuned to a channel you actually have a signal on. Try again after
changing channels on your card, rinsing and repeating as necessary:
  /usr/bin/ivtv-tune -c [channel]

/QUOTE

Mike