[lug] Preferences for presentation next week?

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy at hinegardner.org
Fri Jun 8 11:15:11 MDT 2007

As luck would have it, I was planning on sending out the meeting
announcement today.

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 11:58:56PM -0600, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> I figured I'd open it up to discussion on what folks would like me to speak
> on next week.  I'm fairly flexible and can present on quite a few topics,
> so if you have something, feel free to suggest it.  I've been trying to do
> more free-form presentations lately, and have been getting good feedback on
> them, so even topics I don't have prepared presentations for would be fine.

We had a little date mixup earlier this week with our main presenters
for this month, they weren't sure they would be able to present, but
they are able to.  Alex Schaefer and Seren Thompson are going to present
on showing how to soft-mod an XBOX and then install Xbox linux there.

Shall we have 2 speakers this month?  We've done that quite a bit in the
past.  And I apologise for not getting this info to you if you didn't
want to present.

> Looking through ones I have presented recently, but not to BLUG (full list
> at http://www.tummy.com/Community/Presentations/ ), I'm thinking that:
>
>    Using Python in vim
>    Introducing the Asterisk PBX
>
> would be good choices.  Any preference between those two, or suggestions on
> another topic?

Personally I'd be up for having a Python in vim talk before the XBOX
talk.

I'll hold off on sending out the announcement for a day or so to see if
more conversation happens on Python vim vs. Asterisk.

Thoughts?

enjoy,

-jeremy

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy at hinegardner.org